1. Welcome to wonder.lk Please take the time to read and understand these terms and conditions before you use the products & services provided on wonder.lk. They govern your (your or you) use of the wonder.lk service (Site) as a customer.
2. Once you click “I agree”, you agree to the Terms & Conditions as a legally binding contract between you and wonder.lk If you do not want to agree to these Membership Terms do not engage with our services.
3. In these Terms and Conditions, Content means all the content available on the Site including tutorials, courses, videos, themes, plugins eBooks, sample files, services and user forum content or any other.
4. You need to be 18 years or over to browse the wonder.lk site. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 18 and under. If you want to buy or provide products & services, or use other site features, you need to become a member and be 18 years old or over. We call a member who buys services a ‘buyer’. We call a Service provider who provides services a ‘service provider’ (if you want to become a service provider additional terms apply). When we refer to ‘you’ in these user terms we mean any users of the site (including buyers and service providers).
5. Buyers are responsible for choosing the right products/services to meet their needs and making sure that all aspects of the products/services, including their scope, the number of revisions available and turnaround time meet their needs. Buyers need to give the service provider they select a full brief for each job. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure that the brief is comprehensive and clear.
6. A service provider agrees to provide products & services by entering into a separate agreement directly with the buyer. This is called the ‘services agreement’. It is your responsibility to make sure you understand the terms of the services agreement. In these user terms we use the word ‘job’ to talk about the services that a service provider agrees to provide a buyer under a services agreement.
7. Wonder.lk is not part of any services agreements you enter into with other members. There is no joint venture between any member and us. We’re not a re-supplier of products & services provided by service providers. Service providers are independent contractors and are not our employees, sub-contractors, partners or agents. We provide the site and not the products & services.
8.You promise that you own, or have the appropriate rights to use, everything that you submit on or via the site. This includes everything that you post on the site and send to, or make available to, other members and to us including all files, assets, communications and materials (‘your content’). You promise that the use of your content on or via our site won’t infringe anyone else’s rights and that no further permissions from others are required regarding your content.
9. You give us a license to publish, copy, and communicate your content on or via the site or any of wonder.lk marketing channels for the purposes of promoting and operating the site and providing the platform facilities to you. Your content will only be made publicly available if you post it on public parts of the site. Communications and other content sent between buyers and service providers are not viewable by other users.
10. Service providers will retain rights in their pre-existing materials provided to buyers, but grant buyers a broad license to these materials. Service providers will assign to buyers all materials created specifically under the agreed brief.
11. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that you do the same.
Please contact us if you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being affected by anything on the Site.
If you are specifically making a copyright-based claim regarding Content, please forward the following information to us:
a) your address, telephone number, and email address;
b) a description of the location of the alleged infringing material;
c) a description of the copyright work that has been allegedly infringed; and
d) a statement by you that you warrant that the information given in your claim is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
13. The site will usually be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Sometimes we’ll need to interrupt or suspend your access to the site or the provision of the site’s platform facilities for maintenance, technical or other reasons. We’ll always try to give you notice if possible and try to keep such interruptions to a minimum. We do not have control over the availability of services or service providers.
14. We have no responsibility to you or to any another person for all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising in any way from any of the matters set out in this clause (‘claims’) and you agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees and agents from all claims.
15. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defence of such claim.
16. You should carefully assess whether the site is suitable for your needs. Everything on the site provided by us is given on an ‘as is’ basis and without warranties, either express or implied. We do not promise that the content or your access to the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the site or content are free of viruses or any other harmful components. We make no promises regarding your access to the site, or the results of your access, in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. We are not liable to you for any loss claimed or incurred by you or others as a result of any lack of availability.
17. We accept service providers after we have considered examples of their previous work. But it is up to a buyer to make sure that service providers and their services meet the buyer’s needs. We don’t formally endorse service providers and their services. We don’t have control over anyone else’s business, representations, or the quality of their services or content, so we are not liable to you for anything provided by other members. If you are unhappy with a buyer, a service provider or a service or product, please use the dispute resolution process. As we’re not providing the por roduct services we don’t provide any type of insurance.
18. Given the nature of digital content, a refund or credit on a purchase is not be granted unless explicitly mentioned on the product/service page.
19. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about an item;
- you bought an item by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access the item because it has been removed (we advise you to download items as soon as you buy them to avoid this situation).
20. Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a buyer via your wonder Market account, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your Wonder account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been cancelled. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds out of your Wonder account, so we encourage buyers to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
21. Fine print: We are not a bank or licensed deposit taker in Sri Lanka or elsewhere, your credits are not deposits under Sri Lankan law about banks, and that means you don’t get the benefit of any deposit insurance or guarantee under those laws. We don’t act as a fiduciary or as a trustee for you, and we’re not a licensed financial service provider.
22. We may, in our discretion, immediately restrict, suspend or terminate your membership and access to the Site if we consider you in breach of these Terms, any other Site rules, or applicable law.
23. We reserve the right to refuse membership in our discretion (examples include previous breaches of membership terms on any of our websites)
24. We may change these Terms& Conditions from time to time, but we will notify members before doing so.
25. We control and operate the Site from our offices in Sri Lanka. The laws of Sri Lanka govern these Terms, and you and wonder.lk submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
Last modified: 2020 November 14